What are two characteristics of RAM on a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
- Nonvolatile storage is provided via RAM.
- RAM stores the configuration that is currently active on the device.
- During a power cycle, the contents in RAM are lost.
- Cisco switches contain RAM, whereas Cisco routers do not.
- Multiple versions of IOS and configuration files can be stored in RAM.
The correct answer is these two:
- The configuration that is actively running on the device is stored in RAM.
- The contents of RAM are lost during a power cycle.
Explanation: RAM is a type of memory that stores data that the device needs to perform network operations. The current setting is saved in RAM. This type of memory is referred to as volatile since data is lost during a power cycle. When the device is powered on, a copy of the IOS is copied from flash memory to RAM. Flash memory is nonvolatile because data is preserved even when the power is turned off.