The hearing aids device were invented to clear hearing by making sound audible to a person with hearing loss. Hearing aids are classified as medical devices in most nations, and regulated by the respective control. Small sound amplifiers such as plain volume or PSAPs reinforcing systems cannot be selling as “hearing aids”.
You should know how hearing aids help and work
Firstly, hearing aids are useful in enhance the hearing and speech understanding of individual who have hearing loss that outcomes from damage to the small sensory cells in the inner ear, called hair cells. This type of hearing loss is known as sensor neural hearing loss. The damage can occur as outcomes of disease, injury or aging from noise or some medicines.
Two types of hearing aids
- In-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids
- Behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids
In the ear hearing aids
In the ear aids are worn in the ear canal and are regularly custom-fit, based on a frequency that is taken by your hearing care doctors at the time of your hearing aid consultation. These styles are normally available in different skin colors to merge with the outer ear. Different types of ITE hearing aids fit perfectly in the ear canal, whereas, others are closer to the outer ear.
Behind the ear hearing aids
Behind the ear aids set behind the ear or on the top of the outer ear with connect that areas, where the sound down into the ear canal via a custom-fit ear mold or a dome style that doesn’t block the entire ear canal opening. BTE styles are available in various colors to match hair or skin tone, as well as flashier designs for personalized flair.
Common and best hearing aids styles for you which you should know
- Completely fix in the canal (CIC)hearing aids are custom made to fit completely in your ear canal. Only the tip of a small plastic piece shows outside the canal, which is used to insert and remove the instrument. Their small size can pose capability challenges. CIC hearing aids are used to help with light to average hearing loss.
- Invisible (IIC) hearing aids are the smallest, most careful hearing aids. This custom-fit style is placed in the second curve of the ear canal, so it’s entirely invisible at the time of worn. A small plastic piece lets you remove them daily to enhance good ear health. Their deep ear placement means invisible aids can’t be worn by everybody, and they’re only used for light to average hearing loss.
- ACROS hearing aid is a hearing aid that sends out auditory information from one side of the brain to the other side of the brain. Patients include individuals who have less word understanding on one side. CROS hearing aids can appear very similar to back side of the ear hearing aids. The CROS system can access the patient in volume echo sounding and understanding auditory information on their poor side
- Ear moldaid styles that come with ear molds can fit any kind of hearing loss, from average to profound. Their longer shape follows the lines behind the outer ear and can usually house more features, battery power and control than any other style of hearing aid. A BTE with ear mold style is generally used by children because the Behind the ear can be deteriorated as needed and the ear mold can be replaced as the child grows.
The online store of EyePractice, as the name says it all, is a portal where you can buy eye care devices including specs, lenses and Ortho-K lenses as well. So what are you waiting for? Contact EyePractice today.