QuickBooks is an ultimate software tool for middle to small-sized businesses to carry out
perform accounting tasks on a daily basis in an efficient and automated manner. Because of the continuous innovative reform has maintained a big name for itself in the industry. However, a few points and bugs in the software usually trouble its users and disrupt their tight workplace programs. To tackle such problems, the utility of QuickBooks File Doctor is introduced. Unfortunately, the users have numerous questions about the tool itself. So today, we will try to answer them.
Sometimes, even the QuickBooks File Doctor cannot help the user eradicate the problem. That’s when an expert opinion is needed. Call on the 1.855.738.2784 and get immediate support anytime.
For which errors should I be running QuickBooks File Doctor?
The File doctor can only resolve a handful of issues. Below are given some of them.
- When the user faces any error while opening the company file or any of these error codes- 6150, 6000 82, 6000 305, 6000 301, 6147, and 6130.
- In case of a blank or missing Customer List, Vendor List, or Employee list.
- Some networking issues that hinder the connection between QuickBooks and the company file like H101, H202, H303, or H505.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1618
Can I do a QuickBooks File Doctor Standalone Download?
The file doctor utility is now a part of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you want to use the file doctor, you need to download the tool hub and then run the utility. Below are the steps to access the file doctor in the tool hub.
- Exit from QuickBooks and download the tool hub from the Intuit website.
- Install the tool hub and run it.
- Click on Company File Issues and choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
Why is QuickBooks File Doctor not opening?
If the QuickBooks File Doctor is taking a long time in opening, then there could be a number of reasons behind it. Below are given some of them.
- The user is accessing the incorporated files.
- The process to restore the QB files is unsuccessful.
- The user is trying to convert the old version of company files on multi-user mode.
- Some important QB files are missed out during the installation process.
- The QB files are damaged or corrupted.
To resolve the error, you can try out below given steps.
Read also : QBCFMonitorService not Running
- Open QuickBooks while holding the CTRL key to open the No Company Open screen.
- Under the File section, click on Utilities.
- Select Repair File and Network Problems and click on OK.
- Select OK to let the file doctor restart the application with administrative rights.
- Click on the wrench icon and choose Continue.
- Enter your credentials to start the file doctor.
- Under the Advanced Settings, click on File Diagnosis Only.
- Select Next and after the prompt, open the data file.
- For the solution to work, you must have a backup of your company file to restore the data.
- Open QuickBooks and select the File menu.
- Click on Open or Restore Company and select Click open or restore a backup copy.
- Click on Next and choose Local Backup.
- Select Next and choose the backup file location from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a .QBB file and select Open.
- Select the location where you want to keep the restored data from the Save In drop-down menu.
- Name the file and click on Save to complete the process.
In the end, we would like to end the article on answering the most searched queries about QuickBooks File Doctor. We hope that the content written is easy to read and answers all your queries. On a different note, if there are some unanswered questions left, feel free to contact the 1.855.738.2784 and get expert assistance anytime.
You may read also this blog : Complete Process | Easily link bank account to QuickBooks.