Discover how to install and download Creative Suite 6 programs from your Adobe account or a DVD. Find out what to do if you experience installation issues as well.
Check that your machine satisfies the system requirements for Creative Suite 6 programs before downloading. Next, keep a note of your serial number. Your account and the email you received as a confirmation of your purchase both contain your serial number. Find out where to look for your serial number.
Guidelines for Downloading From Your Account
Gather all installation materials and serial numbers first. Close any open programs, including your web browser, before starting an installation. Make sure you can authenticate as an administrator or that you have administrative rights.
When you upgrade, the installer searches your system for the appropriate upgrade product. You are prompted for the serial number of the product that needs to be upgraded if it cannot find it.
Additionally, you can install the program for trial use before entering your current and prior serial numbers on the serialization box that appears upon launch.
- Put the DVD for the Adobe Creative Suite 6 program suite or standalone product into your DVD drive.
- Double-click Set-up.exe (Windows) or Install.app (macOS) to begin the installation.
- To finish the installation, adhere to the onscreen directions.
- Enter your Adobe Creative Suite 6 suite or standalone software serial number when prompted to do so to finish the installation.
Adobe’s single-user license allows the installation of a single product license on two machines (for example, one work machine and one home machine) as long as the software is used by the same person and not concurrently on both machines.
To install the product on a third computer, first deactivate the software on the first. Select Help > Deactivate to deactivate.
Note: See Error “Close the following applications to continue” if prompted to close conflicting processes to complete the installation.
Wait for the first disc to finish if your product is on multiple discs. After finishing, remove the first disc and insert the second disc into the same DVD drive.
Note: You must have access to the original installer medium (disc or file(s) downloaded from the web) to install additional components or reinstall an application after its initial installation.
Uninstalling Creative Suite 6
Close all applications currently running on your system, including Adobe applications, Microsoft Office applications, and browser windows, before uninstalling.
Perform one of the following:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and then double-click Programs and Features. Select the product to be uninstalled, then click Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.
- macOS: macOS has a unique uninstall process. To uninstall applications, do not drag them to the trash. On macOS, double-click the product installer in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers or the Uninstall alias in the Application folder to safely uninstall. Remove Preferences, then Authenticate as an Administrator, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Adobe’s single-user license allows the installation of a single product license on two machines (for example, one work machine and one home machine) that are used by the same user but not concurrently.
You must first deactivate a previous installation on your computer before installing a product on a third computer. Select Help > Deactivate to deactivate.
How to Install Previous Creative Cloud App Versions
Uninstall the current version before installing the previous version to keep your app preferences. When prompted to save preferences, choose Keep.
- Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application. (Select the icon in your Windows taskbar or the menu bar in macOS.)
- Scroll down and click the More actions icon next to the app you want to install.
- Select Other Versions from the drop-down menu.
- Find the app version you want to install in the list that appears and click Install.
How to Download CS6 When You have a CC Subscription
To begin, avoid looking in the Creative Cloud menu or task bar icon. Instead, go to creative.adobe.com and sign in using your Adobe ID. Next, navigate to the Download Center in the top nav bar and select the app you want to download:
Next, in the “In This Version” section (you may have to scroll down the page to find it), you’ll see a small pop-up menu where you can select which version you want! When you select CS6, the Download button at the top of the page will also change.When you click Download, your computer’s Creative Cloud app will begin downloading and installing the app for you. It will then appear in the online excel sheet Creative Cloud app (that is, in the menu on Mac or the taskbar icon on Windows), where you can manage it.